There are millions of videos uploaded on TikTok daily with everything from funny meme videos to educational videos. TikTok has such a variety of videos that it has become one of the most popular places to go to fill your entertainment needs. TikTok has seen lots of growth as of late, and a lot of it is in part as to how people are consuming videos these days. Adults and Teens are often using their mobile phones to watch videos, and apps like TikTok make it really easy to do that. The platform currently has over 1 billion active users worldwide and is one of the fastest-growing apps in the app store.
With that being said, what can you do if you’d like to download a video off TikTok to use offline? This article is all about how to download TikTok videos. Continue reading!
Downloading videos off TikTok
TikTok has only been around for four years now, but its growth in those four years has been substantial. The platform is getting millions of video uploads every day with everything from meme videos to silly duets. More and more people have been flocking to the platform during covid to keep entertained and watch creative short videos.
Downloading videos off TikTok is particularly easy as the app has built-in functionality to do just that. Unlike other popular apps like Instagram or Facebook, TikTok has a native video downloader that allows anyone using the official TikTok app to download videos to your device. Here’s how you use the built-in downloader on your phone.
- Open the official TikTok app on your smartphone or tablet.
- Find the video that you want to download to watch offline.
- Click on the share icon at the bottom of the screen, which will bring up a menu.
- Look through the menu for a button titled “Save video” and tap it to initiate the video download on your device.
The only drawback to downloading videos through the TikTok app is that they have a silly watermark on them. It’s not a big deal if you want to share videos with your friends, but if you’re planning on re-purposing the videos to post on other social networking websites, it’s probably better to download videos without a watermark.
Download videos without a TikTok watermark
Thankfully there are loads of tools that are designed for downloading TikTok videos without a watermark. The options are vast from PC applications, web platforms, browser extensions, or even IOS and Android apps. For us, the best options are usually web-based because web TikTok downloaders are accessible for everyone regardless of what device you are on.
The web-based downloader we would recommend is TTDownloader, a TikTok video downloader designed to download videos off TikTok. The website is super easy to use and requires just the link to the TikTok video.
- Open TikTok either by using the web interface or the official TikTok app.
- Find the video that you want to download and copy the link to the video. If you’re using the web-based platform, you can copy the URL from the browser’s address bar. On a mobile phone, you need to hit the share icon and select the copy video link.
- Open up the ttdownloader.com website, paste the video URL in the box on the homepage, and then hit go.
- The page will reload with all the download options for the video. You’ll be able to download the original non-watermarked TikTok video, the watermarked video, and even an MP3 audio file.
Another great feature about the TTDownloader website is that you can download TikTok videos as animated GIFS. It’s handy if you want to share GIFS on forums or Facebook groups.
For us, the thing that we like about the TTDownloader app is that it works on both mobile phones and computers. On top of that, you’re able to download unlimited videos without any restrictions, and it’s entirely free to use.
TikTok Terms of Service
Whenever the topic of downloading videos off popular social networking websites comes up, so does the question about the legality. For TikTok, the terms state that you are not to download and reproduce or distribute videos. Meaning, as long as you’re downloading TikTok videos for personal use, then you don’t have anything to worry about. If, however, you are planning on using someone else’s content on another social networking website, you may be breaking copyright laws. It’s recommended that you contact the video author to get authorization before reposting content.
While there are many other ways to download TikTok videos, the options we covered in this article should be enough to keep your download needs satisfied. If you think we missed something in this article, drop us a message. Happy TikTok video downloading!