Python is a language that has been around for many years. In the rapidly developing and constantly evolving IT industry, this language has stood the test of time. It is still preferred by many people over other languages. The following article deals with the qualities of Python that make it different from other programming languages.
What is Python?
Python is an interpreted, high-level language developed by Guido Van Rossum in 1991. Due to its simple and beginner-friendly nature, it is used not only by programmers but also by people from different domains like mathematicians and scientists to perform a variety of tasks like data science, high-performance scientific applications, web development, etc.
What makes Python stand out among other programming languages?
There are a variety of reasons that allow Data Science with Python training to be preferred by professionals ranging from programmers to machine learning engineers. These reasons are briefly explained below.
- Convenient: Python is very easy to use because of its simple syntax. Python is also popular because of its beginner-friendly nature. Python can be learned by anyone, be it a student, a programmer, or a person from an entirely different domain like a scientist. This is the main reason Python is preferred over other languages such as Java, C, etc.
- Not restricted to a specific platform: Python is not restricted to a specific platform. You can use Python over a variety of platforms. Python can be used to perform a number of tasks on operating systems like Windows, Macintosh, Linux, etc.
- Free and open-source: Python can be easily downloaded for free from its website. It is free to use, making it accessible to everyone.
- Supports graphical user interface (GUI): with the help of modules like wxPython, PyQt4, etc, Python can be used to develop a Graphical User Interface. This is especially significant in today’s world where any specific thing developed needs to attract the attention of the user, and thus has to be eye-catching and graphics are the best way to establish that.
- High-level language: Python is a high-level language, which means one can easily perform complex tasks using it and does not have to worry about managing the memory or memorizing the system architecture.
Python and Other languages:
Here is a list of characteristics differentiating Python from different programming languages:
- Python programs are designed relatively more easily than Java programs.
- The programs developed using Python are usually slower than those developed using Java, however, Python and Java make a good duo.
- Python is a faster language when it comes to executing code, as compared to languages like TCL.
- Python is free from the regular need to put semicolon or curly brackets.
- Python has more memory efficiency, this is attributed to its automatic garbage collection, which is absent in languages like C++.
- A simple and beginner-friendly syntax makes Python a preferred language, as compared to ones with typical syntax like Java, C++, etc.
- It favors rapid application development.
How to learn Python?
The following points are meant for anyone keen and looking forward to learning Data science with Python certification.
- Learn online: Present is the ideal time to learn almost any skill. You can enroll in any online tutorial and learn Python from the best teachers all over the world. This allows you to have holistic knowledge about the language.
- Code regularly: It is said that practice makes a person perfect. Therefore, practice coding every day. This will allow you to develop a strong grasp of the language in addition to boosting your confidence in it.
- Note down: as you go through learning Python, it is important to note down whatever insights or codes you are working on. This helps the codes to just imprint on your brain and is specifically beneficial for people during interviews when they are asked to write codes.
- Debugging: do not let bugs bug you. It is imperative to run into many bugs while coding but you should take this as an opportunity to learn and not be frustrated or disheartened.
- Interact: it is important to learn from others and implement what suits you best. Therefore, surround yourself with people who are learning or have already learned the language. This will aid you in solving doubts and will help you learn more.
Python is a very versatile and dynamic language. It is used by millions all over the world ranging from scientists to programmers. The wide array of applications of Python make it even crucial to learn.