There is a wide range of hosting solutions available in India. For WordPress sites, the two most common types of hosting preferred by users are – shared and managed WordPress hosting. While the shared hosting plans in India meet the basic requirements for WordPress sites at a much lower cost, managed WordPress plans offer advanced features but cost more. You must analyse your needs and choose the best hosting solution.
If you are confused about which hosting plan would be perfect for you, look at these tips.
It is quite popular among smaller websites and blogs because of its affordability and user-friendly features. If your WordPress site doesn’t require many resources or server customization, this hosting can be the perfect solution for your needs. This is an entry-level way to host your WordPress site.
Choose Shared Hosting If:
- You are expecting limited traffic: If you are expecting, say, around, 300-500 visitors per day to your WordPress site, there are several shared hosting plans in India that you can choose from. At this traffic level, opting for a managed WordPress plan would mean you are overpaying.
- You have to host multiple sites: If you are planning to maintain several low-traffic websites, then this kind of hosting will be much cheaper than a managed WordPress hosting.
- You don’t mind an “okay” performance: With optimisation efforts, shared hosting can support websites with tolerable load times.
- You can handle website management: If you are capable of handling WordPress updates, backing up data regularly, and performing other maintenance tasks, you can skip paying extra to your web host for the website maintenance.
Managed WordPress Hosting
It is a WordPress-specific hosting solution that offers performance optimizations, improved security, and convenient maintenance features. You can consider this hosting as a more premium solution for your hosting needs.
Choose Managed WordPress Hosting If:
- You are expecting high traffic: Although advertised as “unlimited” plans, shared hosting cannot support a high-traffic site without some hiccups. If your website is expanding its reach, then a managed WordPress hosting plan is the right solution.
- You cannot afford any downtime: If having your WordPress site go down will severely impact your online business, you should avoid taking that risk and go for this hosting.
- You want to focus more on your business: If you don’t want to spend any time maintaining or optimizing your site, your web hosts will take care of that for you.
- You need the fastest page load times: You can’t deny the fact that your site will load faster on a managed WordPress hosting plan than it will on shared hosting. So, if speed matters to you, this hosting is the perfect solution.
Now, that you are aware of the benefits of both- shared and managed WordPress hosting, you can make an informed decision. Choose the hosting that best suits your website requirements, and launch your online business without any delay.